3.04.2015

Having A Good Laugh

I sold my Billiken Doll (below), as I am in desperate need of space! My home is a few steps shy of looking like I am a hoarder. The woman who bought my doll never fails to make me laugh - she is naturally entertaining and she was both, fascinated and repulsed by the doll. She made me a good offer and now loves the doll. She is a generous and considerate woman and when I checked my email tonight, I found she had she reimbursed me for the shipping insurance fees. Very sweet, right? 

The following is her note to me,

"Hi Joan! Here is $4.95 for extra insurance to ship that ugly baby! I'm so obsessed with him and went crazy and got another one, made out of mohair, also original from 1909! I love that ugly thing! They accepted my best offer and I got him for $225 as well! Now I got 2 of these guys! thanks again." 

If these dolls do bring good luck, I wish her unending good fortune! 


No comments: